Join us on Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 9 am PDT/ 12 pm EDT for the inaugural session of our Solid Waste Best Management Practices webinar series.
In this free, 1-hour session, Sanborn Head project manager Jeffrey Doris will use two different solid waste streams to demonstrate the impact beneficial uses of solid waste can have on greenhouse gas emissions.
Using greenhouse gas (GHG) data reported annually to U.S. EPA, this study compares the emissions per ton of waste for municipal solid waste (MSW) landfills versus MSW combustors, including emissions offsets from energy production, and, for combustors, from metals recovery.
- The presentation will compare net emissions from waste facilities when energy recovery is considered.
- The presentation includes a discussion of emissions reductions from renewable natural gas projects at landfills and from metals recovery at combustors.
What you’ll learn:
The presentation will provide an overview of:
- Federal greenhouse gas reporting for municipal solid waste landfills and combustors
- Energy recovery from landfills and combustors
- Emissions offsets from energy projects at waste management facilities
To register for this event, please visit our registration page here.