We help businesses make informed transaction decisions by rapidly compiling due diligence information, identifying the deal-critical issues, and quantifying the risks.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ASTM/AAI)
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Geotechnical Evaluations
- Remediation Evaluations
- Negotiation Strategy Development
Businesses buying or selling property need to know the risks. Environmental or subsurface conditions are often the most significant unknowns in a transaction. Our due diligence consultants help our clients understand, quantify, and protect against the environmental risks and potential liabilities, while at the same time identifying new or undervalued opportunities. We leverage our vast experience with due diligence for deals of all types and sizes, both domestic and international.
Examples of environmental or subsurface risks we work to mitigate include:
- Contamination of groundwater, soil, and soil vapor;
- The presence of buried debris and wastes;
- Questionable subsurface conditions for building;
- Regulatory liability and permitting for past and future actions.
Our team of environmental professionals also addresses a wide range of technical challenges connected to property transfers.
Sanborn Head provides our clients with strategic advice backed up by technical expertise throughout the deal cycle. Our due diligence services include screening-level reviews, environmental and geotechnical site assessments, cost quantification, deal negotiation support, indemnity development, and post-deal services, such as site remediation and property redevelopment design support.