Jim Chabot, PE delivered the second session of our Solid Waste Best Management Practices webinar series on Wednesday, October 19, 2022. The presentation presented a commonsense approach to limiting leachate production in a landfill from precipitation, stormwater run-on, and wet wastes. Diligent use of the approaches presented will help landfill operators limit operational costs for direct and indirect leachate management.
The session was recorded and is available for viewing by completing the registration link to the right.
- The presentation details several tactical methods landfill operators can employ to limit leachate production.
- The presentation included a Q&A portion where attendees’ questions were answered by the presenter.
What you’ll learn:
The presentation provides an overview of how to:
- Identify potential leachate sources
- Understand options for limiting leachate production
- Incorporate design features into construction plans to limit leachate production
- Incorporate means to limit leachate production during landfill filling operations